Relating to the necessities of a dojo, be it at dwelling or an official enterprise; contemplating your coaching supplies might be tough, and for some even anxious. Nonetheless, fortunately there are these keen to assist, by lending their expertise and suggestions on the matter. That’s what I’m providing right here, with a fast “plus and minus record” of my expertise with “puzzle martial artwork mats” in my years of martial arts coaching.
Bear in mind, these are simply my opinion; you should not have to consider me. One of the best will at all times be trial and error, however taking some suggestions under consideration could prevent some cash, or troubles in the long term.
That stated; right here goes:
Optimistic Factors about Martial Arts “puzzle mats”:
• Simpler to interchange if broken than massive standard mats. You purchase a bit as a substitute of a totally massive mat.
• When executed correctly, they’re very straightforward to scrub and dry shortly.
• They maintain the chance for a “customized minimize” for becoming troublesome corners or areas.
• Falls are sometimes skilled as “more durable” than on many standard mats; pushing martial artist fanatic to deal with correct fall strategies.
• Simple to choose up and retailer away in case of a number of utilization of area.
• May be simply eliminated in sections, in that case wanted.
• Having to recollect sure patterns for the laying of mats is just not vital to forestall mats from shifting.
• Mats are firmly “puzzled” collectively to hinder shifting aside throughout coaching.
• Simple to maneuver “as one” when mixed into one massive mat.
• Simple to take aside, raise, and transport if wanted elsewhere.
• Can be utilized indoors and out.
• May be very price environment friendly in relation to another mat sorts.
• When coaching with steel weapons fanatic is compelled to focus more durable on method and protecting maintain of his weapon, save he injury the mats.
• If one aspect is stained, scratched or broken, typically it may be turned over for additional use of the opposite aspect.
• May be much less slippery when floor is moist from sweat, when in comparison with many different surfaces.
Much less Than Optimistic Factors about Martial Arts “puzzle mats”:
• Coaching with any pointed, edged, or sharp weapons might be damaging if dropped upon mats. (this goes for nearly any mat kind anyway)
• These delicate to joint instability could achieve additional instability after extended and fixed coaching on puzzle mats (if not beneath some other coaching/therapy regime.)
• Can result in “mat burns” simpler than another mat sorts throughout coaching AKSOUL camping mat.
• Some choose a extra “cushioned” fall.
Nicely I hope you discover this fast record useful in deciding what to make use of in your dojo. Personally, I’ve educated on many several types of surfaces; and I at all times choose the good open air! Subsequent to that, utilizing puzzle mats generally is a nice, safer, and less expensive resolution than another sorts, and definitely a hardwood ground!